In baseball, hitting for the cycle means that a batter hits a single, a double, a triple, and a home run during the same game. Hitting for the cycle is a rare baseball event, occurring about as of ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Healthy Spine Tips
1) Sleeping Never on your belly. Side sleeping is acceptable, but on your back is the best. Use one pillow and don't prop your head up.
2) Pillows Cervical (contour) pillows are the best to support your neck properly.
3) Mattresses Firm mattresses are better than soft - no pillow tops.
4) Sitting Avoid sitting for more than 45 minutes. Get up frequently. Sit with your legs underneath your chair, and not with your legs crossed.
5) Computers Your screen should be at eye level. If it is too low, you will tend to hunch over too much.
6) Lifting Lift with your back straight and bend your knees.
7) Wallets You should not sit with your wallet in your back pocket. It can cause pelvic misalignment, as well as put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
8) Purses/Handbags Avoid carrying a handbag on one shoulder. Slinging them with the strap on the opposite side should can help. The best is to go light and carry them in your hand, alternating sides often.
9) Footware Purchase good supportive footware with adequate arch support.
10) Orthotics Most people have faulty foot posture that will eventually cause back problems. If you have fallen arches you should consider getting orthotics. Ask one of the GRC doctors if you have questions about orthotics.